It's all in the stars

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Makes me Happy

Since I was 2 months old, I have been spending some portion of my summer at the beach. Some years it was only a weekend, some a few weeks, and since high school, it's been the whole summer. I am obsessive about the beach, mostly because of the way it makes me feel...which is ALWAYS happy.

On Saturday, my husband and I grabbed a few hours at the beach before we had to work that night. Surprisingly, even though it was in the nineties everywhere else, the beach was only about 70 degrees. Because of my recent scares, I am now very diligent about my skin care and the level of spf I use. I was very good about applying and reapplying on Saturday, however, the spray can I used does not spread very well and I ended up with horrible sploches of burn in several areas. (I was so disappointed)

This resulted in my inability to go to the beach yesterday when we were dismissed from school early because of the heat. I had to be smart and avoid the sun for another day and spent much of it on the couch watching a movie and getting caught up on my shows. By the time dinner was over, I was so restless, that I went outside and weeded and then needed and begged my husband to go for a walk with me at the beach. Let me tell you, the fact that the nearest beach/boardwalk is only 5 miles away is a perfect cure for restlessness. We spent an hour strolling on the boardwalk watching the beautiful sunset, hearing the waves breaking on the beach, and even played 2 games of air hockey (which I LOVE). It makes me feel I cannot put into words, other than to say I was so happy. I had a huge grin on my face and to stroll with my husband in the place that makes me happiest.....was just perfect.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 AM, Blogger Sargini said...

why the title of your page????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home