It's all in the stars

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Distractions

Let me tell you, being engaged is VERY exciting. I still get giddy when I look down and see that I have a diamond ring on my finger and that we are getting married in 9 months. Everyday, I find myself pulled to the different wedding pages looking up dresses, flowers, ceremony ideas (which I still haven't found a good site for ceremony readings), etc. I could waste a whole day just browsing through the different sites.

On the flip side of the excitement, I'm at the point in the fall season where I feel I need a little break. Everyday has been crazy and overwhelming and jam-packed with lots of things. Each day is a little bit of a countdown until the next time I know I'll have a few hours to just sit around doing nothing. Of course, nothing turns into something. Yesterday I found myself BORED when I was given a few extra hours in the afternoon that don't usually exist for me. I layed on the couch and got caught up on my Thursday night shows (I am an addict of Grey's now, just wish I had gotten into it from the beginning). Afterwards, I was at a loss for what to do. I felt bored. Now, there were certainly plenty of things I could have found to do, but I didn't feel like moving from the couch, and was bored. It's funny how things work.

As far as the wedding planning is concerned, we're very much into planning for the honeymoon right now. We've never really been on a BIG vacation before, so we kind of have the feeling to make this one a long one and to really take advantage of a preset vacation. I'm excited perusing through the different options and what we can do on this vacation. Our first choice DJ turned us down last night (very close friend of mine/mentor growing up) because he just wants to be there to celebrate with us and not have to work. Now, I gave him that option, but it does feel a little stinky now because we trusted him and I wouldn't have had to go through all that extra work of finding someone that we like. I don't even know where to start with finding a DJ now.

Oh well, such is life.

Well, outside and back to work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home