It's all in the stars

Monday, December 04, 2006

Thoughts from the Weekend

I had such a wondeful weekend the past few days and was sad to see it end. It always makes Monday mornings much harder when you had such a great time. Since I often have to work a lot on the weekends, I don't always have that feeling at the end, but this one was particularly great.

On saturday, my parents had an engagement party for us and our close friends and family at our house. All I had to do was get my house ready, my parents and future in-laws did the rest. It was so wonderful and I had such a great time. However, I was a little anxious at first because our house isn't the biggest and I was worried about fitting everyone. Also, I wanted to make sure that everyone knew each other and it wasn't awkward for anyone. These two problems sort of solved themselves because people starting introducing themselves to each other, and did it without me needing to help. By a couple of hours in, everyone had sort of found a little niche and hung out in their little sections.

Sunday, my aunt and I met in NYC for our yearly tradition of a Broadway show and dinner. This year we saw the Wedding Singer and I had a great time. I can see how it isn't lasting very long on Broadway, but it was a fun atmosphere and I really enjoyed myself while I was there. There's nothing like sitting in a theatre on Broadway. We had GREAT seats, only 8 rows up on the isle.

I've never been a big American Idol fan, so the whole Constantine craze really didn't mean that much to me. However, I do have to admit, that there's a certain air about him that I enjoyed. He's attractive in an interesting way and I enjoyed his presence on stage. At the end, some women paid $1000 to charity in a sort of auction thingy just to spend a few minutes backstage with him. Sounds a little crazy to me, but the money did go to a good cause.

After the show, we went to a little Italian restaurant very close to the theatre. I'm pretty sure it was called Cara Mia. It was EXCELLENT! I can not say that I'm someone who really judges restaurants a whole lot being that I spend a lot of time going to chains for financial reasons. However, I really enjoyed myself and the food was amazing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home