It's all in the stars

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back in the saddle

Today was my first day back in the saddle with running. I had been doing so well up until the middle of the summer and had gotten to the point where I ran a five-mile race. However, I succumbed to lack of time and gave up on it.

When I'm not running, I miss it, and when I AM running, I hate it. I found a place to shower at work, so I really didn't have any more excuses as far as not running. I decided that for now, I'm going to start with 3 days a week of coming in to work early, running, and then showering. Today was my first day and I have to admit that it sucked, I'm tired, and cranky now. I know that's just the first day and that it will get better. It just reminds me how much I hate starting all over again.

I'm counting down the days to the weekend because we have a bye this week in football so no weekend work for me! Saturday I'm going to try on wedding dresses and try to find a bridesmaid dress for my girls. I'm super excited, but as a result, my week has been dragging on. Saturday evening we're having an engagement party with my close extended relatives at one of my favorite restaurants. We're on tap to have a great weekend and I just can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home