It's all in the stars

Friday, January 05, 2007

Work Blues

Right now, I have these issues hovering above my head that are making things a little strained for me and I'm feeling slightly uncomfortable at work. I honestly have a knot in my stomach over it, and it's something that won't be resolved until the EARLIEST...next week. I fear a discovery of my blog by the wrong person who could SOMEHOW figure out that it's ME, so I'm not really going to get into the issue.

However, I have to admit that these issues really make me question my happiness in this location. I feel I have made so many strides in certain avenues, but the present situations kind of make things backtrack. Now that I am growing up and getting married, I have had thoughts on my mind regarding my job anyway.

Both my fiance and I are in job situations that require a LOT of time apart during certain times of the year, as well as late nights, and long weekends. The fiance and I have had the discussion regarding children in the future, years down the road, but still something to think about now. Since BOTH of us work in the same type of field, our time is demanded at the same TIMES of year. It's been a thought on my mind that maybe when it comes time for that to happen, I might have to consider a different path for my career for the sake of the kids. I was lucky because my mom was a teacher and my dad had a 9-5 job where he could occassionally leave by a certain time to make it to all of our sporting events. I just don't want my kids to be "on their own" during certain times of year because both of their parents are working crazy hours. I mean, it's just not plausible.

So anyway, off that sidetrack, it's kind of sad that even though I have an overall happiness where I am, these issues are so big, it could cause me to quickly forget the things I love and focus more on the things that are making me unhappy. I just feel like my day is ruined because of a certain turn of events, and I'm going to have this feeling for some time.

~ Sigh ~

It just makes things VERY difficult....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home