It's all in the stars

Monday, January 15, 2007

6 Months...and Counting!!

It is 6 months from today until my fiance and I are getting married. I'm so afraid of time flying by so fast that I don't enjoy the little things, even if they are very minor. So I just wanted to review the past 4 months of engaged life.

Things we have accomplised since September 23rd since we got engaged:
- Wedding website with all of our information (that was done the day after we got engaged)
- Reception site
- Ceremony site (which is now subject to change)
- DJ
- Save the date magnets were sent out
- Photographer
- Florist (he's booked, just waiting til Feb.ish to go over the flowers)
- My dress :)
- Bridesmaids dresses
- Hair salon
- Honeymoon booked and almost 3/4 of the way paid for

Things still need to be done:
- Tuxes
- Limos
- videographer (still deciding on this one, but I think we will)
- passports
- Wedding favors
- Invitations
- Finish registering (we haven't done much of that at all)
- Find a new minister (but this is in the works)
- Bridal party gifts

I have been rather shocked over this whole process in the sense that I have NOT felt it has really been difficult or stressful at all. Everyone told me to be careful, because it's going to be one of the hardest times of your life. I think the only part that was even remotely stressful was finding a reception site. I had had a place in mind for a long time and I think I expected that when we went and looked at the place (it was also the FIRST place we looked at), it was going to FEEL and therefore BE the one. We didn't feel that way and then I went into panic mode calling a ton of places. Our second place we looked at ended up being the one, and we couldn't be happier with it.

There are times that engaged life has felt no different than life before. Nothing much has changed in our environment - we're still living together, we haven't had to go house shopping, etc. I think that has helped in the whole process. However, there are times when I think of myself dressed up in my wedding dress and picture myself walking down the isle towards him and my heart starts to flutter. It is totally bizarre to me at times that this is actually happening!! I get so excited that I can't wait, and then am able to calm down because reality hasn't quite set in.

I know my list of things still needing to be done is quite large, but I'm not concerned. A lot of it has already been thought about, so it will get done.

6 months until we get married!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home