It's all in the stars

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Life on the Road

It just so happened that this weekend, we had/have off from school Friday and Monday for President's Weekend/winter break. I've been feeling pretty burnt out from work, so I started looking into the possiblity of going away for a night.

Unfortunately, my fiance had a game on Saturday and they were leaving Friday night. So, it kind of worked out that I was able to go with the team on the bus, stay over night in the hotel, and then will go to the game later today. It also worked out that I really wouldn't have had to work today, so I wouldn't have felt guilty for missing. (Although I feel guilty for missing something else.)

I've really enjoyed spending this time on the road with the team, and just being able to go out last night with some of the coaches and other staff. I have to admit, that in the past I've been jealous when I haven't been able to participate on some of the trips that a lot of the wives have gone on. I also think that it's neat that we're at this point in our lives. I've really gotten to know the "significant others" and it's a fun feeling being part of that crowd.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever really be at the point where I can just take off from work and go on these trips (especially the bigger ones). I really don't have the type of job that enables me to do that, so it's a little disappointing when I think about all the things I DO miss out on.

But then I remember...to appreciate the fun times that I DO get to participate in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home